Plate Heat Exchanger Gaskets
ASPIRE manufactures replacement gaskets for models of the following makes:
• ALFA LAVAL • GEA-ECOFLEX • SWEP
• APV • SONDEX • TRANTER
• FISCHER • KELVION • FUNKE
Any OEM or NON OEM company may contact us for manufacturing gaskets for the above or any other brand which are not currently in our range. We will be happy to partner with them.
• NBR • EPDM • HNBR
• Viton® A & B* • Viton® G* • Butyl
For food grade applications, gaskets are manufactured in compliance with FDA 21 CFR 177.2600.
*Viton® are registered trademarks of DuPont Dow Elastomers
It is very important to select the right gasket for the heat exchanger which can withstand the mechanical stress and chemical environment it is exposed to. Hence a range of considerations should be taken into account to ensure longer performing gaskets which will help extend the maintenance cycle, increase efficiency and performance and can save a lot of money to the owner.
• What process media will the gaskets be exposed to?
• What will be the operating temperature range of the plate heat exchanger including and minimum, normal and accidental temperatures?
• What is the design pressure of the Plate Heat Exchanger?
• Is the operation cyclic or continuous?
• What is the life expectancy?
• Do the gaskets come in contact with and food substance?
• What is the opening frequency of Plate Heat Exchanger?
• Does customer have any specific requirements?
Eventually all gaskets will degrade due to ageing. However their environment condition and chemical attack determines their life expectancy. Higher temperatures and corrosive media can subsequently decrease their life. Different chemicals attack different rubbers so the very first step is to identify the correct polymer and thereafter creating suitable compound which includes following steps.
• Polymer selection
• Anti-ozonants and anti-degredents
• Processing aids etc.
The right ingredients and quantities can help optimize the properties of the gaskets to the maximum level to give the best value. It is important to use the best quality raw material and the right quantities to get the most out of the gaskets.